Sunday, March 06, 2011

Dynamics

Heard a great choir concert Saturday night... and the members of the choir joined us for worship this LORD's day. It left me thinking...

Have you ever listened to a piece of choral music that begins so softly that you are straining to hear? The unison vocals start softly and slowly but in time divide into harmonies. The music gains speed and volume and suddenly you begin to think, "that's loud". Then the song approaches its climax where all voices are almost to a shout...

I think sometimes it's good to think about the dynamics of music. Often I find that every song I sing on Sunday is the same volume; the same intensity. It's days like today, when the sheer number of voices singing praises to God doubles that I realize that worship can be louder. I was even tempted to think, "this is what worship should be like..." But then it struck me. Today's worship turned up the volume... but it doesn't even compare. My mind can't even fathom the singing of heaven, when we will join all the saints as one voice together with angels... singing praises to our God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment.